DocFinity Versioning tracks changes to documents, including changes to files, metadata, and markup. It depicts the history and evolution of a document, and allows users to revert a document to a previous version.
• Tracks and stores changes for a richer audit trail
• Displays the history and evolution of a document
• Allows reversion of documents
• Provides minor and major versioning of documents
• Offers security permissions, feature rights, and document type settings
Versioning takes place automatically behind the scenes. It can be enabled or disabled globally, or can be enabled according to each individual document type. Version history includes Version Number, Comments, Date, and User, and provides additional file information in the Document History.
Groups’ document security access and feature rights need to be granted accordingly. Permissions include List, View, Delete, Update, Edit, Override Redactions, and View Markup. Like all DocFinity products, Versioning fully integrates with third-party software products.